Coley brace as SOHC men’s fifth team march on
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club’s men’s fifth team scored in the opening 30 seconds of their home match against Mid Somerset.
With SOHC starting the match, the side quickly moved forward and Steve Ellison played a superb through ball into space for Andrew Coley to push it past the advancing keeper.
The early goal set the team up for a competitive match, which saw the players produce some top quality hockey.
The side exercised a lot of control in the first half, with the visitors rarely threatening much in attack.
Coley extended the lead when he picked up Rob Wilson’s pass near the top of the area and beat the keeper with his shot.
You may also want to watch:
The second half saw the visitors come back strongly but resolute defending meant Dan Weedon did not have a great deal to do in goal.
After his heroics at kicking back the previous week, where a diving save prevented a certain goal, captain Andy Dockley played another solid game in defence, denying the visitors the chance to shoot on several occasions.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
With one game left before the Christmas break, the side is still undefeated, with half the league season’s games played.