Coley claims four as SOHC fifths maintain 100 per cent record
- Credit: Archant
Andrew Coley scored all four goals in Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club’s men’s fifth team win away at Bridgwater.
Despite what turned out to be a 4-1 win, the first goal was scored a little against the run of play, when Steve Ellison played a good ball through the middle, which Coley slotted past the keeper.
This was the confidence boost that the side needed, and the players made good use of possession, which resulted in two more goals before half-time, following strong runs by Rob Wilson for one, and captain Andy Dockley beat several players before passing to Coley to tap-in for his hat trick.
After the interval, Bridgwater changed their formation and it was a more even affair.
The home side got a goal back, but a swift passing move up the field, which involved several SOHC players, saw the visitors score their fourth.
You may also want to watch:
The team has won seven in seven, and will play East Devon on Saturday.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank