Coley claims four as SOHC fifths maintain 100 per cent record
- Credit: Archant
Andrew Coley scored all four goals in Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club’s men’s fifth team win away at Bridgwater.
Despite what turned out to be a 4-1 win, the first goal was scored a little against the run of play, when Steve Ellison played a good ball through the middle, which Coley slotted past the keeper.
This was the confidence boost that the side needed, and the players made good use of possession, which resulted in two more goals before half-time, following strong runs by Rob Wilson for one, and captain Andy Dockley beat several players before passing to Coley to tap-in for his hat trick.
After the interval, Bridgwater changed their formation and it was a more even affair.
The home side got a goal back, but a swift passing move up the field, which involved several SOHC players, saw the visitors score their fourth.
You may also want to watch:
The team has won seven in seven, and will play East Devon on Saturday.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 9 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 10 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back