Colyton cross-country team 13th in national finals in Liverpool
- Credit: Archant
Five boys from Colyton Grammar School travelled to the English Schools’ Athletic Association (ESAA) Cross Country Cup Final in Formby near Liverpool, writes Rida Memon.
Simon Davis, Johnny Livingstone, George Tomkins, Dylan Hurst and Matt Williams ran on the sandy coastal paths of Lancashire, which made the course extra challenging.
Despite this, the boys performed exceptionally well, running spectacular five-and-a-half minute miles, and finishing in the impressive position of 13th in the country, coming above both Truro and Millfield Schools in the final reckonings.
Colyton Grammar School head of PE, Jackie Shute, said: “Reaching the final of this prestigious event is increasingly competitive.
“The boys are the top team in the whole Southwest region.
You may also want to watch:
“I am really proud; they performed brilliantly on the tricky terrain. It was a great team effort and a fantastic achievement.”
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 10 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections