Sidmouth HC 4th XI 0, Chard 4
Sidmouth travelled to this friendly match in Chard with slightly depleted numbers, writes Andrew Coley.
A mix-up over keeper availability led to captain Brian Woodward playing in goal, while a breakdown en-route meant Nick Smale was unable to make it to the game.
The nine men of Sidmouth played a young home team of 10 players but the visitors were hopeful of a competitive encounter and so it proved to be.
For a long period in the first half, the scores remained level with the likes of Bill Eveleigh, Lee Clayden and Declan West playing well in their respective positions.
You may also want to watch:
Chard managed to take the lead and extended it twice with two superb reverse stick strikes by their forward.
A disagreement with the umpire led to Simon Price being given a yellow card and Chard were able to score one more before the final whistle.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 8 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge