Connolly stars as Sidmouth Raiders U15 net five
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s were 5-0 winners when they met Colyton Rebels in an Exeter and District Youth League encounter.
Raiders began like a side that has yet to be beaten this season, moving the ball around with real confidence.
Josh Connolly was inspirational down the left wing and he provided a succession of quality ball.
The opening goal came from a Ryan Dart corner with Ryan Windsor heading the ball home.
Just before the break young Connolly again got down the line and he crossed for Jacob Dabrowiecki to score and send Raiders into the break 2-0 to the good. Ten minutes into the second half Connolly scored the teams third.
You may also want to watch:
With Will Denton breaking up play it was no surprise that the Raiders dominance, despite the excellence of the Colyton glovesman, brought further goals. A free-kick was rifled home by Connolly before, with 10 minutes remaining, Jenson Deanus drilled the ball into the net to complete the scoring.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients