Convincing win for Sidmouth
Sidmouth RFC U14s 41, Exmouth 12
An incredibly beautiful sunny day at Sidford saw a convincing win for the Sidmouth Under 14s, despite the slippery, wet conditions for handling and underfoot, writes Jane Pepper.
From the off, Sidmouth were on the attack. A try from Tom Kennaugh was converted by Will Counsell and Brian Lao, diving for Sidmouth, produced another. Had he not dropped the ball on the line, Max Moore would have increased the score. Exmouth’s Andrew Wheeler came back with a converted try making the score 12 - 7, but Will Counsell’s endeavours produced another, and his conversion helped us to a 19-7 lead.
Second half, Charlie Wright, powering over, produced another, whilst a super contribution from Lorcan Hankin brought up the 29-7 score line. A second attempt created a successful try by Max Moore, converted by Charlie Wright and followed by an unconverted try, Will Down happily increased the score further.
A last minute try from the opposition produced a final score of 41 - 12 to Sidmouth.
You may also want to watch:
Dominant more or less throughout, this was an encouraging performance prior to the Italian Rugby Tour next week!
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 Set aside a wild patch in your garden - better to watch than the television!