- Credit: Archant
The Cotley Point-to-Point celebrates 60 years of racing at the end of the month with its Diamond Jubilee races.
The meeting takes place at Cotley Farm, Chard, Somerset TA20 3EP on Easter Saturday, March 30.
One of the highlights of this year’s race meeting is an additional special restricted flat race in aid of the Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance charity.
This particular race is open only to Cotley Hunt members riding their hunters; this promises to be a true amateur race, albeit a hotly contested one!
Vyvyan Eames, who owns and farms the Cotley Estate and who has been chairman of the point-to-point for over 35 years, said: “We already have ten entries for the sponsored charity flat race and as a result we are hoping to raise well over £1,000 for Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance. It’s a mixed field of all shapes and sizes and includes two well known local pensioners.”
You may also want to watch:
The first race is at 1.30pm, but it is wise to get there early for a good parking spot overlooking the course. The entry fee is £20 per car, £10 for a car with a single occupant.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98