Cotton and Manning score tries for young Sidmouth team
- Credit: Archant
Chipping Sodbury pitched up with small numbers and it was therefore not possible to play an Under-10 match.
Some of the Sidmouth Under-10s joined forces with the Under-11s which brought some smiles to their faces as they could now (legally) kick the ball!
Both Finn Cotton and Luca Manning held their own; each going over the whitewash against the opposition.
The rest of the Sidmouth Under-10s faced Chipping Sodbury Under-13s, but in a tag contest only on the grounds of player safety.
This did cause a few problems for the younger players who found themselves up against some faster and bigger children. However, the home side managed to score on more than one occasion and overall it was good to improve their offloading.
You may also want to watch:
At the end of the game the children were left exhausted on the floor! Hot dogs nicely finished off a morning’s rugby with the children looking forward to their next fixture which is this weekend against Topsham.
Special thanks go to Julie Tanner, Sue Cockayne, Emma Bagwell and the various daughters who did a magnificent job of the catering!
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98