Could be a good team
Sidmouth 2nd XV 12, Exmouth 48
The Quins put up a brave performance, but Exmouth, who were very well-drilled, ran out winners by a clear margin, writes Steve Channing.
It started well for the home side who took the game to the visitors using the close pick and drive to great effect.
Ben Norcombe opened the scoring with a try up the blind side, out-pacing the covering defence; Ben Pratt potted the extras for a deserved lead.
Exmouth pulled a score back using the extra man out wide after drawing in all of Sidmouth’s cover. Sam Sowden playing his first game for a long while was always in the thick of the action. Exmouth crossed the tryline twice more just before halftime for a 7-17 lead.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth started the second period with good intentions and, once again, put the visitors under pressure without getting any reward. Exmouth had a 15 minute purple patch scoring three tries, two converted, showing that training together reaps benefits. Ben Pratt finished off a good move scoring out wide and was just short with the conversion. Exmouth ran in two more tries, with one converted. Even though there was a big difference in points the Sidmouth team put in a great effort. With a better attendance at training, who knows how well this team could perform?
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of