Could have beat Teign
Teignmouth 3, Ottery St Mary 1
Peninsula Div One East
Manager Mel Coombs was left frustrated after this match as objective spectators could see that Ottery missed a golden opportunity to win this match.
Ottery started the better side but missed chances saw them go in at half time 2-0 down, when, with more conviction, they could easily have been level pegging.
Down was lively up front and had chances from the edge of the box, a near post header and a shot which flashed across goal. Mid-table Teignmouth were on the back foot for most of the first half but Ottery failed to make them pay. They did get a consolation in the second half, skipper Sanders scoring. All the goals came in the 15 minutes either side of half time and could have gone either way. Neither side dominated in the closing stages.
You may also want to watch:
Coombs said: “ I struggled to get a side out but we could have won this. We will lose Ben Clay to Exmouth as they are prepared to pay the sort of money we can’t afford. I think Ben will play this weekend, home to Crediton.
“It’s disappointing as he has only been with us for four games.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 8 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
“ Even without Ben I still feel we have a side capable of competing but we really need a couple of things to go our way in games.