County semi-final place for Sidmouth ladies
Sidmouth took two mixed rinks to Budleigh for a friendly. On this occasion Sidmouth were the winners on both rinks and by 45 shots to 32.
Well done to the best rink Trevor Wells, Anita Mason, John Chew and Jill Bishop who won by 21 shots to 13.
Sidmouth ladies played their last Foxlands match of the season against Torbay, losing on all four rinks. The Foxlands ladies have had a hard time in Division One this season being newly-promoted from Division Two but have all given of their best and have won or drawn several rinks in all their previous matches. Well done to all those who played.
On Saturday morning Sidmouth men played another round in the County Trophy Interclub league against South Hams narrowly losing overall by 79 shots to 81. Well done to Sidmouth’s winning away rink of Tony Brown, Dutch Holland, Mike Reader and Norman Brimson who won by 26 shots to 12.
On Saturday afternoon, two ladies’ teams from Sidmouth met in the County Triples section final which was held on neutral ground at Madeira with 10 Sidmouth supporters cheering both teams on.
You may also want to watch:
It was very close for the first 14 ends after which the eventual winners began to slowly build a lead , winning by 23-15. Congratulations to the winners Pat Pritchard, Pat Harvie and Jill Bishop who now go through to the County Semi final and hard luck to the losers Jean Brimson, Evelyn Clements and Eileen Hewett who all played a good game. It was a fine achievement that we had two teams through to the section final. Also on Saturday afternoon Sidmouth played three mixed rinks against Dunkeswell at home, winning on all three by 64- 44. Well done to the two best rinks of Chris Radburn, Brian Godbeer, Jenny Fricker and Ray Tallent and also Marie Timms, Harry Carpenter, Paddy Wrench and Ed Backhouse who both won by 21-13.
On Sunday Sidmouth took three mixed teams to Dawlish where they won by two rinks to one and by 52-51. Well done to the best Sidmouth rink Betty Farmer, Ray Tallent, Dave Lever and John Mason who won by 20-13.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
?Sidmouth men welcomed three teams representing the Vice President’s Association from Axminster, Padbrook Park and Kingsley. An entertaining afternoon complete with cream tea culminated in a victory for the VPA who won by two rinks to one and overall by 58-46. Well done to our winning rink of Bill Dunbar, Bert Hague, Alan Holcombe-Block and Ed Backhouse who won by 16-3.