Cricket: Ottery St Mary ease past Thorverton
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Ottery St Mary seconds eased to a comfortable win over Thorverton in Tolchards Devon League E Division East.
Captain Daniel Jeacock put the visitors into bat and saw Albert Southall-Brown make an early breakthrough with the new ball.
John Tierney ended a 59-run stand for the second wicket and struck again alongside Matt Jeacock to reduce Thorverton to 101-5.
Southall-Brown (3-35) saw off opener Pieter Keenan (50) and visiting skipper David Sapiecha to make it 126-7, with Jack Dallyn getting in on the act moments later.
And Daniel Jeacock (2-1) claimed the last two wickets in his only over as Thorverton were dismissed for 131 in 30 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Ottery lost Eddie Rudolph for a duck in reply, but Luke Tierney put on 53 with Anthony Dean, who added an unbroken 76 with Daniel Jeacock to seal victory in 31 overs.
Dean (50 not out) hit four fours in his 71-ball innings, as Jeacock (42 not out) also found the boundary four times to seal an eight-wicket win in some comfort.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 6 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!