Cricket umpires meeting being held at Ottery St Mary
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
You know the new cricket season is not far away when umpires start meeting to discuss law changes and new competition regulations, writes Conrad Sutcliffe.
The Spring meeting will look at changes to rule changes in the Tolchards Devon League this summer and updated discipline regulations and procedures.
League official David Gamble, who is a panel umpire, will take umpires through changes to competition rules for 2020.
And Chris Shelton will take through the latest discipline regulations and procedures.
The meeting will end with a question-and-answer session with National Counties panel umpire Ray Allen.
You may also want to watch:
All umpires - DACO members or otherwise - from anywhere in Devon are welcome to attend the meeting. Start time at Ottery is 11am.
Anyone in need of further information about the meeting can contact Don Fathers, the branch secretary, on email@example.com
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients