Croquet up and running under chilly Sidmouth skies
- Credit: Archant
The croquet season got off to a bitterly cold start at Sidmouth last Wednesday
Although temperatures were close to zero the chairman, Mike Taylor, and vice-chairman, Peter Nelson, bravely started the season off with a game of Association Croquet, demonstrating the elegant tactics that illuminate this version of the game.
On the other lawn four keen people led by Gabby Macadam entertained those brave enough to withstand the icy winds with the swift changes of fortune and intricate stroke play that mark Golf Croquet.
Afterwards the spectators and players were glad to retire to the pavilion where Gill Hodge sustained all with a hearty buffet lunch.
The main training schedule has now begun, but there are still chances to get involved even if you feel the need to wait for warmer weather!
You may also want to watch:
The person to contact is membership secretary, Rob Mitchell on 01395 578 786 or alternatively visit the club website at sidmouthcroquet.org.uk.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 9 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat