Cross country marathon cycle to Sete
Sidmouth cyclers reach their target
Earlier this month Sid Valley cyclists, Ron Clint and Andrew Seddon, returned from their French Coast-to-Coast challenge.
They completed 1,237 kilometres on minor roads between the French Channel port of Le Havre and the Mediterranean city of Montpellier.
During the 10 day adventure the riders cycled through the quieter stretches of Normandy, the plains and forests of the Centre region, leafy Limousin and the hills and valleys of the Dordogne before reaching the sea at the bustling fishing port of S�te, where the daytime temperature was simmering at 38 degrees.
With only one puncture en route, the trip was thankfully free from mechanical hitches.
You may also want to watch:
For disabled rider Ron, pedalling on one leg, the ascents of the slopes of the Massif Central focussed the mind. However, inspired by stunning scenery, his long biking experience – together with moral support from Andrew – prevailed.
Ron and Andrew raised �1,511 in aid of Cancer Research UK.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 7 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
They would like to express sincere thanks for all the generous donations received, and to their sponsors for the event, Potburys, The Bike Shed (Exeter) and Waitrose (Sidmouth).
Ron Clint and Andrew Seddon pictured at S�te.