Cup success for Sidmouth teams in both rugby and football
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth enjoyed success in both rugby and football over the weekend with two junior sides booking cup final berths.
In football the Sidmouth Warriors sealed a coveted visit to the home of Exeter City in May as they saw off Brixington Blues in a thrilling Exeter and District League Under-11 KO Cup semi-final under the Ottery St Mary lights.
That success came hot on the heels of a tremendous triumph for the Sidmouth Under-15 rugby team who bagged a final berth in the County Plate with a nerve-jangling single point success over Brixham.
Continuing the theme of local sides and cup final’s, next Wednesday night sees the Sidmouth Town Under-14s travel to Coach Road, Newton Abbot, the home the Devon FA where they will meat Plymouth DJM League side Marine Academy Juniors in the final of the Devon County Under-14 KO Cup.
Tomorrow sees both the senior teams of Sidmouth Town and Ottery St Mary seek their first wins of the season in their respective League’s.
You may also want to watch:
For the Vikings it’s a tough task as they travel to South West Peninsula League, Eastern Division title chasing Stoke Gabriel whilst the Otters have home advantage for their meeting with Newton St Cyres.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend