Dale and Keast score goals as SOHC ladies’ 1st XI draw at Ashmoor
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) ladies’ 1st XI picked up their second away point of the Petroc Division One league season when they shared four goals with hosts Ashmoor.
In what was an exciting end-to-end contest, SOHC had to come from behind twice to share the spoils with their goals coming from Hannah Dale and Aimee Keast.
A feature of the overall SOHC performance was delightful passages of play with intelligent linking between forwards and midfield.
Alice Please and Megan Thompson-Summers made some dangerous runs down the wings, whilst both Jasmine Scott and Izzy Stribling were unlucky not to score on numerous occasions.
The defence was certainly tested with Charlotte Brodie making some outstanding saves at key times throughout the match.
You may also want to watch:
The SOHC Player of the Match award went to Megan Thompson-Summers for her performance, which was one of tireless effort, real confidence and maturity.
The point leaves SOHC sitting fifth with 14 points from their 11 games so far this campaign and they have seven more fixtures to play in the league season.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 8 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 9 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
The ladies’ other away point came from a 1-1 draw at Torbay, while they have lost away matches at Dart, Isca IV, Teign II and Honiton Hornets.