Dale and Keast score goals as SOHC ladies’ 1st XI draw at Ashmoor
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) ladies’ 1st XI picked up their second away point of the Petroc Division One league season when they shared four goals with hosts Ashmoor.
In what was an exciting end-to-end contest, SOHC had to come from behind twice to share the spoils with their goals coming from Hannah Dale and Aimee Keast.
A feature of the overall SOHC performance was delightful passages of play with intelligent linking between forwards and midfield.
Alice Please and Megan Thompson-Summers made some dangerous runs down the wings, whilst both Jasmine Scott and Izzy Stribling were unlucky not to score on numerous occasions.
The defence was certainly tested with Charlotte Brodie making some outstanding saves at key times throughout the match.
The SOHC Player of the Match award went to Megan Thompson-Summers for her performance, which was one of tireless effort, real confidence and maturity.
The point leaves SOHC sitting fifth with 14 points from their 11 games so far this campaign and they have seven more fixtures to play in the league season.
- 1 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 2 Retailers need to be on high alert against new scam
- 3 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
- 4 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 5 A flying visit to a bird reserve and a view on Sidmouth's charity shops - Toto's latest woofings...
- 6 Property of the Week: Heaven's Gate, Ottery St Mary
- 7 'Like a moth to a flame...'
- 8 Hospice at Home moves into new premises
- 9 Great to see the sunshine as Folk Festival returned
- 10 Town council joins protest against Sidmouth bus cuts
The ladies’ other away point came from a 1-1 draw at Torbay, while they have lost away matches at Dart, Isca IV, Teign II and Honiton Hornets.