David Jeffery lands Morgan Stanley stableford success at Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
In glorious sunshine the Morgan Stanley stableford was won by David Jeffery with a score of 40 points, writes Chris Roberts.
In a close run thing Steve chief Crabb came second just a single point behind.
The chief will be kicking himself after a three putt on the 18th saw him lose the opportunity to win the event himself.
Third spot was even more congested in terms of the battle to be in the first three!
No fewer than five players were on 38 points with countback called into play and that resulted in Peter Abrahams getting the vote over Martyn White who added another four birdies to his total.
You may also want to watch:
Neil Holland heads the birdie table by three from John Jones,
Duncan Taylor leads the Eclectic League by one from Martyn White.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support