David Shepherd Cricket Trust charity lunch tickets selling fast
- Credit: Archant
Tickets are being snapped up fast for the David Shepherd Cricket Trust charity lunch with Mike Procter, writes Conrad Sutcliffe.
The lunch is in the function suite at Exeter Racecourse on July 6, when the former Gloucestershire and South African all-rounder will be the guest of honour.
Procter, one of the stars of Gloucestershire’s powerful one-day side of the 1970s, will be talking to cricket writer and author Stephen Chalke about his career in the game and life afterwards.
The lunch has been arranged by DSCT trustee Jack Davey, who played side by side with Procter in the Gloucestershire team more than 40 years ago.
The late David Shepherd, in whose memory the Trust was formed, was also a member of the same team. Tickets went on sale a few days ago and Davey has sold more than 30 already.
You may also want to watch:
“The capacity in the function room is around 200 and we are looking to sell out,” said Davey.
“Mike comes over to this country most summers to do some fundraising work for his own charity, which works with disadvantaged children in South Africa. Our charity and his have joined forces for this one-off event and all the money raised will be shared between us.”
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 7 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 8 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
Tickets, priced at £40 each or £400 for a table of ten, are available now by contacting Davey on 07811 282723 or on email to email@example.com
Alternatively, contact Trust treasurer Gavin Lane by email on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an electronic payment into the Trust’s bank account.