David Shepherd Cricket Trust charity lunch tickets selling fast
- Credit: Archant
Tickets are being snapped up fast for the David Shepherd Cricket Trust charity lunch with Mike Procter, writes Conrad Sutcliffe.
The lunch is in the function suite at Exeter Racecourse on July 6, when the former Gloucestershire and South African all-rounder will be the guest of honour.
Procter, one of the stars of Gloucestershire’s powerful one-day side of the 1970s, will be talking to cricket writer and author Stephen Chalke about his career in the game and life afterwards.
The lunch has been arranged by DSCT trustee Jack Davey, who played side by side with Procter in the Gloucestershire team more than 40 years ago.
The late David Shepherd, in whose memory the Trust was formed, was also a member of the same team. Tickets went on sale a few days ago and Davey has sold more than 30 already.
You may also want to watch:
“The capacity in the function room is around 200 and we are looking to sell out,” said Davey.
“Mike comes over to this country most summers to do some fundraising work for his own charity, which works with disadvantaged children in South Africa. Our charity and his have joined forces for this one-off event and all the money raised will be shared between us.”
- 1 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 9 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 10 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'
Tickets, priced at £40 each or £400 for a table of ten, are available now by contacting Davey on 07811 282723 or on email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, contact Trust treasurer Gavin Lane by email on email@example.com to arrange an electronic payment into the Trust’s bank account.