Davies and Lee share top spot in Livery Dole Misubishi Winter League at Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
The winter season at Sidmouth Golf Club is officially over, writes John Barnard.
The season finale is the John Griffiths Trophy and this is also the final event to determine the Sunday Livery Dole Mitsubishi Winter League 2015-16 Champion.
The format is three-man team, three quarters handicap, best score to count.
It should be a quick format and with a shot gun start, the teams should arrive back at the Clubhouse at a similar time for the presentation.
This year’s winners were Graham Davies, Vernon Ruffle, Allan Malcolm, not the favourites at the start maybe but they put in a great performance with a medal score of 57, nine under the course par.
You may also want to watch:
They won on countback from Sean Murphy, Kevin Howe, Craig Melluish. Third with a score of 59 were Simon Jones, Hugh Dorliac, Paul Renken.
The winners enjoyed receiving the John Griffith’s cup and probably the best cash prize of the winter as there was a large field.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 10 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
Not figuring in the prizes this week was Lee Wenham who has been the long time leader of the Livery Dole Mitsubishi Winter League.
Lee has played well all winter and built a lead at the top of the table.
However, Graham Davies first place meant he equalled Lee’s overall final point score so they were declared joint winners and split the generous cheque provided by the sponsors, Livery Dole Mitsubishi.
It has been an unusual winter, Excellent weather in the early part and then many weeks lost to inclement weather so we are all looking forward to the summer season and feeling some sun on our backs.