Deb Marriott runs well at Bridport 10k
- Credit: Archant
Six members of the Sidmouth Running Club attended the Bridport 10k and Half Marathon, writes Hamish Spence.
Four took part in the 10k and two took on the challenge of the Half Marathon.
Both races started with the famous ‘Broadchurch’ cliff at West Bay in the background, and headed up to the second highest hill on the south coast of England, a full 157 metres to the top of Thorncombe Beacon (the half marathon runners then head down to Seatown), back through Downhouse Farm, Eype to West Bay.
The 10k is one loop and the half-marathon is two loops.
In the 10k race, the first Sidmouth runner across the finish line was Deb Marriott in 46th place overall with a time of 01:11:22, which also earned her a first place finish in age category.
You may also want to watch:
Next home, and with the same time, was Don Cawthera in 47th place, followed not long after, coming in at 58th, by Helen Palmer with a time of 01:15:49. In 61st place was Jennifer Bentley 01:16:18.
The two ladies in competing in the Half Marathon teamed up together and braved out the wet and windy weather. Jo Earlam found it impossible to keep her hat on with the wind bowing it off several times. Also with the rain, her glasses couldn’t be kept dry enough to see through!
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
Officially, Jo was the first Sidmouth runner across the finish line. However, the times for both Jo Earlam and Jane Hemsworth are same at 2:53:43.