Dellaselle stars in goal as SOHC Ladies 1st XI see off Taunton Vale
SOHC 2, Taunton Vale 0 For the second week running SOC Ladies’ 1st XI powered to victory and again it was as a result of a fine all-round display.
The first half saw two well-matched outfits both attack at every opportunity.
Taunton’s goal keeper was kept busy with SOHC forwards making a number of shots on goal and the closest the hosts came to breaking the deadlock was when a strong cross by Anna Kingsley just missed the right post and then a fine flick by Nicki Bishop was punched away by the visitor’s keeper.
After the break there was more of the same an, in the opening exchanges of the second half the deadlock was finally broken when Sophie Jackson scored.
The Taunton response was good and the SOHC defence needed to be at their collective best – and they were!
You may also want to watch:
The second goal was a classic move started deep in their own half. The ball was moved sweetly to the other end of the pitch where Nicki Bishop flicked it over the goalie’s stick and into the net.
Taunton responded again, but got littler change out of the exceptional Hayley Dellaselle in the SOHC goal. Her performance earned her the Player of the Match award.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 4 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 7 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
On Saturday the Ladies’ travel to Winscombe for their next engagement.