Dellaselle stars in goal as SOHC Ladies 1st XI see off Taunton Vale
SOHC 2, Taunton Vale 0 For the second week running SOC Ladies’ 1st XI powered to victory and again it was as a result of a fine all-round display.
The first half saw two well-matched outfits both attack at every opportunity.
Taunton’s goal keeper was kept busy with SOHC forwards making a number of shots on goal and the closest the hosts came to breaking the deadlock was when a strong cross by Anna Kingsley just missed the right post and then a fine flick by Nicki Bishop was punched away by the visitor’s keeper.
After the break there was more of the same an, in the opening exchanges of the second half the deadlock was finally broken when Sophie Jackson scored.
The Taunton response was good and the SOHC defence needed to be at their collective best – and they were!
You may also want to watch:
The second goal was a classic move started deep in their own half. The ball was moved sweetly to the other end of the pitch where Nicki Bishop flicked it over the goalie’s stick and into the net.
Taunton responded again, but got littler change out of the exceptional Hayley Dellaselle in the SOHC goal. Her performance earned her the Player of the Match award.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 3 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 4 Peninsula League season could be over
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 7 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 8 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
On Saturday the Ladies’ travel to Winscombe for their next engagement.