Densham and Orchard to lead the Vikings into new campaign
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town host last season’s South West Peninsula League Eastern Division runners-up Teignmouth Town when they launch a new season tomorrow (Saturday) at Manstone Lane (3pm).
The Vikings look to be going into the new term in better shape than ever with boss Josh Stunell adding additional quality to his squad during the summer months.
His latest recruiting drive has seen Sean Densham arrive and the experienced striker scored in Wednesday night’s 5-1 pre-season victory.
Stunell is looking forward to seeing more of Densham and Jamie Orchard operating as a front two.
The Town boss says: “I think the two (Densham and Orchard) will complement each other well and I am looking forward to watching them operate.”
You may also want to watch:
The pre-season has gone well for Town with Stunell saying: “We deliberately had the lads in a bit earlier than we might normally have done and then ran three-times-a-week sessions with the emphasis on fitness and I cannot think many sides at our level will outdo us in the fitness stakes.”
Town host last year’s runners-up Teignmouth Town for starters, but Stunell would not have it any other way.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
He says: “It’s a match-up we enjoyed last year when, despite being beaten in both league meetings, the two games were very close. They (Teignmouth) are sure to be there-or-thereabouts again this season and so I am glad that we are playing them first before they find their feet in the new season.”
Stunell continued: “The lads have worked exceptionally hard this pre-season. I feel we have some real riches in the squad this season and the management’s primary task is to make sure we get the selection correct. Hitting the ground running this season is a must if we are to realise our targets.”