Devils, Demons and Honiton U8s
Honiton Devils and Demons fought very hard in their first away matches but were unlucky not to come away without any points, writes Mark Fisher.
But they should be proud, showing great signs of improvement and what it takes to play as a team. The Demons lost to Alphington Arrows 3-1, Connor Richards getting Honiton’s goal. Demons losing 1-0 to St Martin’s was a shame after such a close game right to the end, Harry Horn got Man of the Match for an excellent day in goal, Joshua Edis showed great improvement as well.
The Devils lost to St Martin’s after an exciting match going down 4-3, goal scorers Luke Mathews and Dominic McCreadie- Taylor netting two; Joe Evans was awarded Man of the Match for a fantastic performance. Losing 2-1 to Alphington was hard as Honiton were improving as the game progressed, Conner Brown got the only Devil goal and Ben Borkowski got Man of the Match for a solid defensive role.
Honiton FC U8s v Moors (2-3) and Twyford Spartans (5-5)
Honiton u8s played their first ever league game against Moors Youth writes Garry Osborne.
You may also want to watch:
Starting well, with great defending by Ben Motram and Liam Osborne, they took the lead through Harry Smith following a great pass by Jacob England. Moors hit back to lead 3-1. The second half saw Honiton battle well to pull one back through Liam Osborne. Man of the Match went to Tyler Pendrick for his hard work.
In the second game Honiton soon trailed 2-0 against Twyford. Liam Osborne pulled one back, but the second half saw Twyford lead 4-1 and 5-2, before Honiton came back with three late goals to draw 5-5. Honiton’s scorers were Man of the Match Peter Osborne, Player of the Day Jacob England, 2, and a late equaliser from Isaac Lidster.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 7 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Debut in the Dartmoor League