Devon and Somerset Gliding Club Open Weekend a big hit
- Credit: Archant
This year’s Open Weekend was another success for Devon and Somerset Gliding Club at North Hill, writes Jill Harmer.
The weather on Saturday proved a little tricky with the wind changing directions, but 40 visitors enjoyed a relaxing day at North Hill with their taster flights.
Most were keen to take the controls in the club two-seaters or just admire the lovely, clear Devon air and countryside with their Instructor flying.
Unfortunately , Sunday was a bit of a wash-out like other events in the area.
As usual, Devon and Somerset Gliding Club are donating a proportion of the flight cost to the Devon Air Ambulance Trust.
You may also want to watch:
If you missed our Open Weekend event and would like to take up gliding, or are looking for a thrilling day out, or an unusual gift, a trial lesson is an ideal introduction to this exhilarating sport.
Find out about trial lessons at Devon and Somerset Gliding Club, purchase and book on-line by visiting www.dsgc.co.uk
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth