Devon Bowls Indoor President George Mabon sends message to clubs
- Credit: Archant
A message from the Devon Bowls Indoor Preeisdent, George Mabon
My thoughts continue to be with you all at this difficult time.
Given that we have had to postpone the annual general meeting I have decided to send out a message to you all.
Like everything else, the Coronavirus pandemic has cut short the indoor bowling season and left us unable to complete club or county indoor competitions. What’s more we are also unable to play the EIBA Liberty Cup Final* which was to have been contested at Nottingham where Devon would have been taking on Durham.
Looking back on the season, our yearly county tour produced three wins out of four with a plus 47 shots margin and I extend many thanks to the ladies and gentlemen from the 11 clubs that supported it.
You may also want to watch:
I do trust that during these difficult times clubs are providing support to members and indeed, each other by regular communication either by email or telephone. I know you will all, as indeed I am, be itching to get back into action be it on an indoor, or an outdoor surface, so that we can all renew rivalries and friendships.
What I would certainly like to convey to all is my very sincere thanks for all the support and encouragement I have received from the bowls family during my year in office as president of the indoor bowls association.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
Stay safe and here’s to us all meeting again soon.
*Devon reached the final of the 2019/20 Liberty Cup having seen off Dorset (124-70), Cornwall (124-77) and Somerset (111-105) before a 125-80 semi-final victory against Sussex at Moonfleet. The Liberty Cup final between Devon and Durham was to have been played at Nottingham on March 21.