Devon CCC provide cake for Sidmouth NatWest bank customers
- Credit: Archant
Customers using the NatWest bank in Sidmouth had a mouthwatering surprise thanks to Devon County Cricket Club, writes Conrad Sutcliffe.
The county club, which plays several games a season in Sidmouth, set up a stand in the banking hall stacked with tempting cakes.
The stand and a display of brochures was part of a community initiative run by the cricket club.
Literature promoting the county cricket club, Sidmouth Hospiscare, the Sid Valley Memory Café and the David Shepherd Cricket Trust was available on the display.
Cakes were donated by bank staff and volunteers from the charities concerned.
You may also want to watch:
David Thorneley, the Devon CCC committeeman behind the initiative, said: “Launched in 2016, our initiative to help raise the profile of Devon CCC has at its heart in forging links with community good causes.”[?STEVE: last sentence: “...has at its heart the desire to forge links with community good causes.”]
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival