Devon in danger of bagging Unicorns wooden spoon
- Credit: Archant
Devon are in danger of claiming the wooden spoon in their Unicorns T20 Cup pool after a double dose of defeats by leaders Dorset left them propping up the pool four table, writes Conrad Sutcliffe.
Devon have not won any of their six games so far. The best they have managed is a tie against Wiltshire.
Dorset were comfortable seven-wicket winners in game one at North Perrott yesterday, chasing down 138 to win with 10 balls to spare.
Devon made Dorset work harder on the chase in game two - three scalps in four balls for leg-spinner Ed Middleton (3-25) made it interesting - but a three-wicket win was sealed two balls into the final over when Luke Webb smacked Dan Goodey back over his head for six.
Devon have two games against Cornwall to play in the pool on June 16 and it is possible by then they will be too far adrift to get off the bottom as all the teams above them have games to play on June 9.
You may also want to watch:
Game one: Devon 137-3 (J E Burke 68no, A W R Barrow 24, Z G G Bess 22), Dorset 138-3 (F S Organ 65no, M J Porter 38, E J Ellis 28). Dorset bt Devon by 7 wkts.
Game two: Devon 138-6 (M W Thompson 40, M C Golding 31, A W R Barrow 29; J H K Naik 3-13, B J Currie 2-20), Dorset 140-7 (L A Webb 65no; E W O Middleton 3-25). Dorset (2pts) bt Devon (0) by 3 wkts.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients