Devon into Unicorns KO Trophy semi-final after win over Berkshire at Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Devon will be at home to Suffolk in the last four of the Unicorns KO Trophy following a 22-run quarter-final win over holders Berkshire at Sidmouth, writes Conrad Sutcliffe.
Devon recovered from losing two wickets in the first over to make 273 for eight.
Sidmouth’s Zak Bess slammed an unbeaten 73 as Devon added exactly 100 in the last 10 overs.
Berkshire got ahead of the asking rate for a while and needed 62 to win from the last 10 overs with five wickets intact.
Spinners Gary Chappell and Toby Codd got the brake on, then two wickets for Bess and a run out in the same over made certain of a Devon win.
You may also want to watch:
The semi-final will be played at Sidmouth on July 1.
Devon 273-8 (B G F Green 66, M W Thompson 53, Z G G Bess 73no, J J Bess 39; T M Nugent 5-52, E D Woods 2-47), Berkshire 251 (A J Rishton 50, J L Davies 32, E D Woods 34, J C Morris 51; J R Popham 3-39, T J R Codd 3-31). Devon but Berkshire by 22 runs.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients