Devon’s Over-50s meeting with Somerset 2nds at Sidmouth on Sunday falls to the weather
- Credit: Archant
Devon’s 50-over friendly against Somerset 2nd XI at Sidmouth on Sunday has been cancelled due to a waterlogged pitch, writes Conrad Sutcliffe.
The cancellation is a blow to Devon, whose friendly against the University of Exeter at Instow last Sunday was also a casualty of the weather.
Devon only have one possible pre-season game left, against Gloucestershire at Bovey Tracey on April 29, before the serious stuff starts with a trip to Truro to play Cornwall in a T20 double header on May 6.
Neil Gamble, the Devon chairman, said: “I am sorry to report that continuous rain over the last fortnight has left the Fortfield saturated and has made pitch preparation impossible.
“As more heavy showers are forecast over the next few days, any drying out is very unlikely to occur.
You may also want to watch:
“It has therefore been reluctantly decided to cancel the match between Devon and Somerset 2nd X1 at Sidmouth on Sunday.
“It is hoped that it may be possible to rearrange a limited-over fixture between the two sides later in the season.”
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival