Lewis Gregory and Craig Overton drafted into The Hundred
- Credit: Archant
Former Devon players Lewis Gregory and Craig Overton will be taking part in The Hundred next year.
Gregory, a right-handed all rounder, was selected in the second round of the draft and will be joining England Test captain Joe Root at the Nottingham based Trent Rockets.
It caps a memorable year for the Somerset captain who received a Test call-up for England's match against Ireland, although he did not feature, and is part of the T20 sqaud to tour New Zealand in September.
Gregory's Somerset teammate Overton will also be playing in the new tournament as he was selected by the Southern Brave.
The Barnstaple-born bowler was the final round choice for the team that boats Jofra Archer, David Warner and Andre Russell.
You may also want to watch:
Overton was part of the England squad that drew 2-2 in the summer's Ashes. He played in the fourth test at Old Trafford and recorded bowling figures of 107/2.
The Hundred will start summer 2020.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 8 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 9 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat