Dibble delights and it’s great Gosse too as Sidmouth win at Whimple
Sidmouth under-15s travelled to Whimple for their latest Bradley’s East Devon league game and once again won the toss.
Batting first, they came up against some excellent early Whimple bowling to the extent that ruins were few and far between whilst four wickets fell. The Anthony Dibble and Jo Gosse set about launching an innings recovery mission.
Dibble struck a superb 53 whilst Gosse game wonderful support in his cameo knock of 16.
The pair batted exceptionally well on a slow pitch of variable bounce, putting on an unbroken stand of 74 allowing Sidmouth to close on 114-4.
Young Gosse’s contribution was all the more impressive as he had been an eleventh hour call up to the side owing to sickness in the Sidmouth camp.
You may also want to watch:
Batting proved just as difficult for the hosts who were restricted to 59-9 and Lee Clayden certainly made the most of the conditions bowling a wonderful line and length to claim a fivefer and finish with the splendid figures of 5-3.
Three of his victims were via stumpings completed by the lightning reactions of Sidmouth glovesman Dan Powell.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 7 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
The win took Sidmouth to 76 points fro their four games and they now host Honiton at Fortfield next Thursday in what is a top of the table meeting.