Dibble delights and it’s great Gosse too as Sidmouth win at Whimple
Sidmouth under-15s travelled to Whimple for their latest Bradley’s East Devon league game and once again won the toss.
Batting first, they came up against some excellent early Whimple bowling to the extent that ruins were few and far between whilst four wickets fell. The Anthony Dibble and Jo Gosse set about launching an innings recovery mission.
Dibble struck a superb 53 whilst Gosse game wonderful support in his cameo knock of 16.
The pair batted exceptionally well on a slow pitch of variable bounce, putting on an unbroken stand of 74 allowing Sidmouth to close on 114-4.
Young Gosse’s contribution was all the more impressive as he had been an eleventh hour call up to the side owing to sickness in the Sidmouth camp.
You may also want to watch:
Batting proved just as difficult for the hosts who were restricted to 59-9 and Lee Clayden certainly made the most of the conditions bowling a wonderful line and length to claim a fivefer and finish with the splendid figures of 5-3.
Three of his victims were via stumpings completed by the lightning reactions of Sidmouth glovesman Dan Powell.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
The win took Sidmouth to 76 points fro their four games and they now host Honiton at Fortfield next Thursday in what is a top of the table meeting.