Dibble delights with ‘fiverfer’ in Sidmouth 2nds win
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth 2nds made it back-to-back wins over 1st XI opposition when they were emphathic eight wicket winners at home to Clyst Hydon.
The villagers batted first and were bowled out for 110 with Charlie Dibble doing the bulk of the damage with figures of 5-20.
However, the tone for another very good afternoon with the ball was set by opening seamers Fionn Wardrop and Toby Seldon, who sent down their nine overs each without shipping a single extra! Clyst Hydon reached 60 without loss, but the excellent line and length of the opening pair meant the run rate was low and, once the visiting batsmen opted to ‘up the run rate’ the wickets began to fall with Dibble securing his ‘fivefer’. Daley Holmes (3-18) and Byron Knowles (2-12) were the other wicket-takers as the visitors were bowled out in 43 overs.
Isaac Thomas and Nick Mansfield launched the home run chase and they eased their way to 70 before Mansfield was bowled for 29, 20 of which came in boundaries.
Anthony Griffiths joined Thomas and they took the reply to within one run of parity when Thomas fell to a catch for a seven boundary 46 and moments later the win was confirmed with skipper Griffiths not out 15 and teenager Byron Knowles unbeaten on one.
You may also want to watch:
A superb start to the 2nd XI season in the new all-through league sees them sitting top of the C Division East table with 39 points from a possible 40 and matchday three (Saturday, May 19) sees the side travel into Exeter to meet an Alphington 1st XI that has lost both their opening games and sit bottom of the fledgling table. What’s more, the Alphas have already dropped their 2nd XI from the Devon league.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 6 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 7 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 8 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout