Dibble hopes for CLT20 final place
it was a proud moment for Sidmouth estate agent Mike Dibble as he watched recorded action of his son Adam’s first Champions League T20 game with Somerset on Wednesday, when the team cemented a place in the semi-final of the ongoing Champions League T20 by beating rivals Warriors by 12 runs in Bangalore, India, writes Di Bowerman.
Bowler Adam, 20, Sidmouth’s first cricketer to play for Somerset since Frank Irish did 60 years ago, has just signed a new two-year contract with Somerset.
Captain Alfonso Thomas, Steve Kirby and Murali Kartik gained two wickets each, while Adam and Roelof van der Merwe bagged a wicket apiece.
“Adam bowled four overs for 24, at six runs an over, which is very good as far as economy is concerned,” said Mike, who hopes to see Adam chosen for tomorrow (Saturday’s) semi-final, televised at 3.30pm.
Potentially, he could be in Sunday’s final if Somerset get through.
You may also want to watch:
Adam has grown up with cricket and played for Sidmouth Colts. It is his third season as a professional player.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser