Dodd Salver success at Sidmouth for Susan Hackett
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Sidmouth ladies played this week for the Dodd Salver, writes Andrea Milton.
The format for the competition is a medal which requires the player to putt out every hole to completion.
Despite a light drizzle, which got worse later on, 30 ladies took part.
The winner was Susan Hackett, with a score of 66. This resulted in a handicap cut for her. In second place was Marie Timms on 67 and third was Sheila Faulkner also on 67.
Pauline Couldwell holed out in two on the 11th hole to win the twos pot.
You may also want to watch:
Also this week the Sheelah Creasy team were in action.
They played against Fingle Glen in a home fixture. Many of the matches were very close, but Sidmouth were successful in the end winning six matches to one.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 10 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
They play the final match of the group phase away at Tavistock next Monday.