Dorman and Mercan both net as Sidmouth Raiders U15s are beaten
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders U15s went down 5-3 in their home local derby meeting with Ottery St Mary-based West Hill.
Both teams had to battle the remnants of storm Hannah. Raiders, boosted by a midweek success over Dawlish, continued with Joe Norris leading the line. However, it was Wasps who took the initiative in the first half scoring two unanswered goals to lead at the interval.
The lead became one of three goals early in the second half, but Raiders hit back with Freddie Dorman latching on to an excellent through-ball to score.
West Hill swiftly restored their three goal lead, but Raiders refused to concede and Yan Mercan made it 4-2 with a powerful strike.
Jamie Salter, a stalwart of this Raiders side, then scored with a superb effort to make it 4-3.
You may also want to watch:
With another astonishing Raiders comeback in the making, West Hill netted fifth to seal their success.
Raiders will be seeking swift revenge when they meet West Hill in the final game of their season.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 4 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
The fixture also promises a ‘contest within a contest’ as goal scoring machines Freddie Dorman and Yan Mercan are neck-and-neck in the battle to end the campaign as the Raiders’ top goal scorer!