Dorman and Rogers at the double as Town Under-15s serve up five-star show
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders Under-15s powered their way to a 5-1 win over Stoke Hill when the side’s met to contest an Exeter and District Youth League meeting.
Raiders coach Mark O’Connor shuffled his pack of players and the versatile Owen Baldwin dug out his goalkeeping gloves to take on the role of glovesman – a task he completed in fine style!
The opening goal came from one of the team’s most potent threats – a Yan Mercan free-kick!
The strike proved too hot for the Stoke Hill goalkeeper to handle and Corey Rogers was on hand to tuck the ball home.
After some neat play, further Raiders pressure resulted in the award of a penalty which Mercan calmly slotted to leave his side 2-0 up at the break.
You may also want to watch:
The second half saw Raiders dominate, enjoying plenty of possession and it all resulted in numerous opportunities being created. However, none were taken and Reuben Bennett was introduced from the bench and he made his presence felt with some powerful running and accurate passing.
Two further goals followed, one from goal-machine Freddie Dorman and then one from Corey Rogers, netting his second of the game.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 9 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend
Stoke Hill replied with a goal of their own, but late on, a second for Dorman rounded off another superb all-round Raiders performance.