Dorman at the double as Sidmouth Raiders net six at Feniton
- Credit: Getty Images/Brand X
Sidmouth Raiders Under-14s continued their excellent start to the new Exeter and District Youth League season by recording a 6-3 win at Feniton.
It was ‘goal-machine’ Freddie Dorman who was in the right place at the right time to latch onto a loose ball after a Ryan Buckatacha shot had been parried.
It was soon 2-0 as Yan Mercan produced some individual quality to flick the ball into the net. The home side hit back to halve the deficit, but the two-goal advantage was swiftly restored when Dorman netted his second of the game.
Raiders were now dominating the contest and it was soon 4-1 as a Mercan strike slammed against the crossbar before bouncing down and spinning into the net.
When Ethan Gribble found himself through one-on-one with the home glovesman, he got the better of him to make it 5-1.
You may also want to watch:
A spirited Feniton hit back with a couple of goals in quick succession, but an impressive Raiders rounded the scoring off when Ethan Gribble pounced to punish a n error by the goalkeeper.
The Raiders Man of the Match award went to the impressive Zac Lascelles who showed tireless tenacity throughout the contest.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98