Dorman brace as Sidmouth Raiders Under-14s lose for first time this season
- Credit: Getty Images/Brand X
Sidmouth Raiders Under-14s went down 4-2 on their visit to Tiverton to meet Twyford Gladiators in a first league outing of 2018.
It’s a measure of how good a season it has been so far for Raiders that this defeat in Mid Devon is their first reversal of the campaign.
The home side were both physically strong and highly competitive and they stunned the Town youngsters by taking a lead almost straight from kick-off!
Indeed, the very early strike sparked a frenetic first 10 minutes of action as Freddie Dorman swiftly restored parity before the home side quickly regained the lead!
The Mid Deon team increased their lead to 3-1, but Raiders hit straight back and a second goal of the game from Dorman left just a single goal between the teams at the break.
You may also want to watch:
However, it could, perhaps should, have been all square at the break for their was an incident just before the interval that saw two-goal Dorman clearly fouled in the penalty area, but the match referee strangely decided against awarding a spot kick!
In the second half Raiders threw everything they had at the hosts, but the Gladiators defence was both disciplined and determined.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 7 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
On the odd occasion that Raiders did find a way through, Ryan Kubaczka and Joel Evans were denied by an impressive home glovesman. A late fourth condemned Raiders to their first defeat of the season.
Raiders are again travelling to Tiverton this Saturday (January 20) when they visit Moors Youth.