Dormer and Dutton net late goals as SOHC ladies’ 2nds draw at Bridgwater
- Credit: Archant
SOHC ladies’ 2nd XI, who won their opening Sedgemoor Division Two game 8-0 over Weston-super-Mare, shared four goals with hosts Bridgwater II to sit fourth in the fledgling table.
SOHC, playing with a new formation, began well, but fell behind to an early goal.
The response was good and, with sisters Alice and Diana Dormer working well in tandem and being offered great support by Karen Dutton and Sam Parkyn, Lucy Gosling and Fran Piper, SOHC gave as good as they got for the remainder of the first half before shipping a second goal to trail 2-0 at the interval.
Undaunted by the two goal deficit, SOHC made a bright start to the second half with sweeper Lydia Gammon central to all the positive play. However, despite plenty of effort, and no small measure of quality, a goal would not arrive until, with 10 minutes remaining, Diana Dormer struck.
Boosted by the goal SOHC went in search of another and it arrived just two minutes later through Karen Dutton. A point was the very least that SOGHC deserved for what was a fine all-round team performance.
You may also want to watch:
Fran Piper was named the SOHC Player of the Match.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 4 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 Sidmouth Girls Rugby