Down at the double for Sidmouth and Ottery ladies
- Credit: Archant
SOHC LADIES 2nds 2, ISCA 2
Petroc League Division 1
Despite recent bad weather Sidmouth’s pitch was in good condition for the return fixture against ISCA ladies.
Having lost in a high-scoring game at their previous encounter, SOHC were confident of a more favourable result on the home leg.
With a strong squad and the help of the home support they were not to disappoint. The early stages saw some strong midfield play from Anna Bowker, Emma Dalton and Alice Stafford but Isca were the first to make the break through taking the lead following a long ball approach into SOHC’s quarter.
You may also want to watch:
Bobby Caldwell made some searing runs down the left flank and the home team was soon rewarded with an equaliser from Rachael Down, striking the ball into the left hand corner away from the outstretched keeper.
The second half proved tense as the visitors took advantage on a break to take the lead with only six minutes to play. SOHC responded positively and, following some indiscipline from the defence, were rewarded with an attacking short corner. Despite the initial injection going astray, the ball was passed back into the D to find Down in open space to deflect in past the wrong-footed keeper.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
Isca responded again and, partly due to some stoic defending and timely tackles from Cath Dockley along with some fine saves from Becky Delasalle, the score remained at 2-2 for a well-earned point.