Drewett heads Sidmouth Warriors Under-10 on way to victory at Kentsibeare
Sidmouth Warriors Under-10s travelled to Mid Devon on a cold and foggy morning to play matches against CS Leopards and hosts Kentisbeare.
Leopards provided the first opposition and this match was played with the morning fog still swirling to such a degree that seeing from one goal to the other was a challenge in itself!
A tremendous game ended with Warriors winning by the odd goal in five thanks to a hat-trick from Mark Rogers. The pick of his treble was the third when he showed great control and balance to weave his way round defenders before netting.
The best of the supporting roles in an all-round fine team show came from Harry Emmett, Richie Drewett and Thomas Mead. There was also some solid defending, particularly from Jack Howe and Calvin Clifford.
The second game saw Warriors dominate the home team from the first whistle. With a combination of crisp passing and excellent movement on and off the ball saw Warriors claim a 3-0 victory.
You may also want to watch:
The opening goal was a classic! A slick move involved Emmett and Howe before a cross was delivered that Drewett headed home superbly. Two further goals were scored in the second half with Emmett and Mead the scorers.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 8 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 9 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 10 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club