Dunskeswell pick-up league points and cup last-eight spot
- Credit: Archant
Dunkeswell Rovers didn’t put a foot wrong during a weekend of league and cup action away from home.
Woodbury came first and were beaten 4-1.
Rovers got off to the best possible start when Brad Morris scored after just 43 seconds with a perfectly placed shot. The early goal let Dunks play with some freedom and soon Tom Cligg put them two up after the keeper couldn’t hold on to a shot and he was there to tuck it away.
Woodbury started the second half strongly and got what they deserved.
Dunks had to dig in for a while as Woodbury kept applying pressure.
You may also want to watch:
Brad Morris had an outstanding game and put some daylight between the teams with his second. With time ticking down Charlie Stephenson put away a one-on-one with the keeper.
Sidmouth Town 3rds hosted Dunks on Sunday in a Golesworthy Cup game and for the second day in a row Morris scored in the first minute, this time with just 17 seconds on the clock.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 6 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
Sidmouth levelled soon after, then went ahead, Sid Berry brought the scores level again but in an end-to-end game Town fired in their third.
With the 90 minutes nearing completion Cligg put the game into extra time.
Morris, who had another excellent game, picked up his second and Charlie Stephenson scored to leave Dunks 5-3 winners.