Dutton and Marok net hat-tricks in fine SOHC ladies success over Dart
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery (SOHC) continued their fine form this season, beating Dart II 6-1 to stay third in the Petroc Division One table.
SOHC started spritely, quickly working the ball into the opposition’s D, and, after several opportunities and short corners, Karen Dutton converted.
Nicky Lockyer and Katie Dean worked well together in the centre midfield, picking up loose balls and driving forwards into the D.
Katie Jackson had a great game in defence and a superb ball down the line found Ellie Marok who scored a beautiful aerial! SOHC continued to press Dart, and, after several unlucky misses, Karen Dutton found the backboard once again.
Dart began linking passes well, and, despite great defensive work from Lucy Lefebvre, Laura Strawbridge and Katie Jackson, they got a goal back and half-time arrived with SOHC 3-1 to the good.
You may also want to watch:
During the break, with all substitutes already called into action after first half injuries, SOHC knew that the second period would involve plenty of hard work!
However, clearly undaunted by this they made a high tempo start to the second half with some terrific wing play and delivery into the D by Jess Oliver and Ellie Marok.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
Sam Parkyn and Aimee Keast worked well in the D and both were very unlucky not to score on several occasions.
The fourth goal continued to elude SOHC until a well-executed long corner, taken by Nicky Lockyer, found Karen Dutton to complete her first hat-trick of the season.
Not to be out done, Ellie Marok netted a quick-fire double to complete her hat-trick and put a polished seal on a fine all-round team performance.
The result sets things up nicely for their next outing when, on Saturday (November 19) they take on table-topping Exe III who have won all three of their home matches so far scoring 13 times and conceding none.
Petroc Division One table
P W D L F A Pts
Exe 3 7 6 1 0 25 2 19
Dart 7 5 1 1 20 3 16
SOHC 7 5 0 2 31 13 15
Isca 4 7 5 0 2 16 7 15
Newton Abbot 7 4 0 3 13 12 12
Dartmouth 7 3 1 3 12 17 10
Exe 4 7 3 0 4 12 14 9
Teign 2 7 2 1 4 6 10 7
Dart 2 7 0 0 7 5 29 0
Torbay 2 7 0 0 7 1 33 0