Dutton at the treble as SOHC Ladies’ II make cup progress in thriller with ECVH II
SOHC II 5, ECVH II 4 Sidmouth and Ottery Ladies II launched their cup campaign with an exciting end to end game that saw them emerge victorious by the odd goal in nine, writes Emma Dalton.
Both teams came out strongly, but it was SOHC who opened the scoring.
ECVH responded well and son levelled and so began a period of tit-for-tat scoring with SOHC twice going back in front only to be pegged back each time through to the half-time interval.
After the break SOHC dominated and scored once more to secure a 5-4 triumph and a place in the next round of the competition.
Karen Dutton led the scoring honours with a hat-rick and the other goals were scored by Sophie Hudson and Maisie Pritchard.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies are back in action on Saturday with a trip to Dartmouth at Kingsbridge Community College (12.30).
- 1 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 9 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 10 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'