Dutton nets as SOHC ladies’ 2nd XI share spoils with Exe IV
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) ladies 2nd XI banked a point from a 1-1 draw at Exe IV.
SOHC went into the game having to make a number of changes, but it made no difference to their pattern of play which was as crisp as ever!
With Anna Rowson orchestrating things from the middle third of the pitch, Lydia Gammon covering every inch of the pitch making a difference both in attack and defence and with wingers Kirsty Scales and Lucy Gosling providing plenty of good ball to Megan Thompson-Summers and Karen Dutton it was no surprise when SOHC opened the scoring with Dutton netting after an excellent team move.
Exe, who are a quality outfit, hit back, but they got little change out of the impressive Cath Dockley and Mary Ackland in front of ‘safe hands’ Molly Bateson in goal,
SOHC were dealt a blow when influential Diana Dormor sustained a head injury which necessitated medical attention and the home side drew level early in the second half.
You may also want to watch:
SOHC were soon back on the front foot and, with Hannah Trudge making some terrific runs and Ella Davies working hard to help cover any home counter-attacking play, SOHC continued to look the more likely to score.
Their cause received a boost with the return to the action of captain Dornmer for the final 15 minutes, but there were no further goals scored and the contest ended all square.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour