East Devon indoor cricket
COMPETITION to qualify from the East Devon Indoor Cricket League for the county championship is keen following Yarcombe and Stockland s victory over reigning champions Sidmouth.
COMPETITION to qualify from the East Devon Indoor Cricket League for the county championship is keen following Yarcombe and Stockland's victory over reigning champions Sidmouth.
On the day, Sidmouth could raise only five players and, despite retirement scores of 25 from Anthony Griffiths and Scott Barlow, they did not muster enough to prevent Yarcombe getting home with an over to spare.
That result put Exmouth in pole position, but they lost to Feniton in the latest round of results, unable to get close to a 160 victory target.
Sidmouth returned to the top after victory over Newton St Cyres. In an extras-strewn game, St Cyres made 108-3 and Sidmouth bettered that with an over to spare and two wickets down.
You may also want to watch:
But well-placed are Clyst Hydon who, like Sidmouth, have lost one match but have a game in hand and a superior wicket-taking record.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 Lockdown has shown the importance of nature and the need for us to nurture each other