East Devon Petanque Club top stage Open Day
The East Devon Petanque Club is holding a ‘come and play day’ on Sunday (August 11).
Petanque – or boules as it is sometimes known – is a game that is very easy to learn.
The general basics of the sport are straight forward: steel boules are thrown at a small ball, or jack, and the boules nearest the jack score pints.
However, [players will soon learn that there are many different techniques and tactics that make it a game of both strategy and skill.
The ‘come and play’ day begins at 11am and all are invited to get along and see what it is all about.
You may also want to watch:
There will be instructors available to guide newcomers through the concept and they will be on duty through until the scheduled close of the event, 3pm.
Committee member Chris Bigmore says: “We hope that players of all abilities, from novice upwards, will come along; we are not charging on the day.”
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 8 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 9 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
East Devon Petanque Club is at the Thorn Park Golf Centre, just off the A3052 at the top of Trow Hill, Sidmouth, near the Donkey Sanctuary.
For further details call 07952 645319.