Eaton wins the Arthur Skinner President’s Cup at Sidmouth
On Wednesday the Ladies of Sidmouth Golf Club played for the Arthur Skinner President’s Cup, writes Angela Coles.
This was presented by Arthur Skinner who was a prominent member of the club.
He was president from 1958 to 1978, Devon Amateur Champion on four occasions and six times the Challenge Cup winner!
The format was a par competition. The wind blew and the rain came, conditions we were not accustomed to this summer. However, the course was in prime condition, following the recent rains.
The winner of the cup was Ros Eaton with a score of minus four on countback.
You may also want to watch:
In a very close contest throughout the two players edged out for first spot, after both also had scores of minus four, were Marie Timms and Margaret Thompson.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do