Edmunds treble as Sidmouth Warriors U10s win well
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-10s Raiders and Warriors travelled to Colyton last Saturday in their first competitive games of the season.
The Warriors started slowly after the long summer break and initially the teams were evenly matched.
However, once they settled into the game they went a goal up when Charley Turley finished off a slick passing move. Excellent approach play from Ben Elsom helped Turley double the lead and an own goal gave Warriors a 3-0 interval lead.
After the break Toby Edmunds joined the action and he scored a second half hat-trick, the pick of his three coming after a neat inter-change between Jamie Pitter and Man of the Match Dev Nair who crossed Edmunds to score.
The Raiders took to the field next and in a tight first half of few chances were unable to break down the Colyton defence despite some good crosses from Michal Bielawski which they were unable to convert. Late in the first half Colyton broke the deadlock with a well taken goal giving Raiders goalkeeper Oscar Parkinson no chance.
You may also want to watch:
The second half followed a similar pattern to the first with forwards Toby Gosse, making his debut for the team, and William Pulman unable to breach the Colyton rear guard.
As the half progressed Sidmouth tired and Colyton were able to increase their lead and run out worthy winners.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat